Since I am so sleep deprived from being jet-lagged and from opening weekend of 100 Acres, I just wanted to give a quick thank you to a few of you before I finally get some sleep.
1) Thank you Andrea Zittel for providing such a wonderful opportunity to Mike and I as well as being such an inspiration. I was really happy to converse with you in person again and to show you what we have worked so diligently on. We are so happy to be a part of Indianapolis Island.
2) Thanks to all of the IMA’s staff, which have been so helpful and have stretched their responsibilities at the museum to help us with our part of Indianapolis Island (Give and Take). You all have been a pleasure to work with over the past few months and I am excited you see you around this summer.
3) Thank you Jenny Mikulay! Without you, Mike and I would have felt lost within the project. You have helped out so much with advising us, proofreading drafts, and providing a level of comfort and assurance. I cannot thank you enough for your help.
4) Thanks to all of our viewers this weekend, whether you directly participated in island trade/visits, floating messages, and forum or you have been reading the blog. It was a treat interacting with you all. The trades were fantastic and the conversations were great. Mike and I also read the floating messages and they were like gold to us. We were both exhausted from opening day today, but we could not stop reading what you wrote. Keep them coming!
5) Thank you to my family. Thanks for putting up with my long hours in the studio, my absence, and my resulting lack of interaction. Thanks Momma for making the solar oven and for the care package for Mike and I. Thank you Dad for picking me up from Chicago so I could get to the Forum in time. And, thank you Nate for making me smile! I am sorry I cannot spend more time with you. I love you all.
You all deserve awards for all of your contributions to Indianapolis Island and Give and Take. I am excited for the rest of the summer.
And so it begins….
PS. When we have more energy, we will post all of the messages and trades from the weekend as well as more detailed posts. Keep on the lookout!